So, you’ve decided to come to our Tryouts weekend? Welcome! We wish you the best of luck through this process and hope you enjoy the experience.
Tryouts have completed for this September! If you’re still interested in joining the team, please keep an eye on our Facebook Page for more information in January!
- Sign up for a Tryout Timeslot
- Brush up on your skills at either our Standard First Aid Course or our Skills Refresh Sessions
- If you have an existing certification (SFA equivalent or higher), please be prepared to send us a copy following Tryouts
- Like us on Facebook
Standard First Aid Course
If you’re attending the Standard First Aid and CPR-C Course, here’s some things you should remember:
- You will need to attend all of the course to receive a certification (both Friday evening and all of Saturday)
- Be prepared for some personal contact and lots of kneeling
- If you intend to keep your book, please bring $25.00 to the course
Our courses are currently full for this year. Please send us a message on Facebook if you have any questions or would like to be added to a wait list.
Skills Refresh Sessions
Can’t remember what ABC stands for, or you haven’t put on a sling in a little while? No sweat. Come join us for these drop in sessions on Saturday, September 15th in Fipke 124 or Saturday, September 22nd in Arts first floor.
These sessions are drop in, and you’ll work with our team to practice your skills and ask any questions you might have. Although the number of people will dictate how closely we follow the schedule, here’s the rough outline for each of the skills you may want to refresh:
- Primary and Secondary Surveys – 9:00-10:30am
- Airway Emergencies – 10:30-11:00am
- CPR – 11:00am-1:00pm
- Spinal Control – 1:00-2:30pm
- Muscle and Joint Injuries – 2:30-4:00
- Basic Wound Care – 4:00-5:00
You’re welcome to attend as much of the refresh weekend as you’d like, so you can come to the entire day or just the skills you’re most interested in learning.