So, you’ve decided to come to our Tryouts weekend? Welcome! We wish you the best of luck through this process and hope you enjoy the experience.
Tryouts have completed for this September! If you’re still interested in joining the team, please keep an eye on our Facebook Page for more information in January!
- Sign up for a Tryout Timeslot
- Brush up on your skills at either our Standard First Aid Course or our Skills Refresh Sessions
- If you have an existing certification (SFA equivalent or higher), please be prepared to send us a copy following Tryouts
- Like us on Facebook! Give us a
Standard First Aid Course
If you’re attending the Standard First Aid and CPR-C Course, here are some things you should remember:
- You will need to attend all of the course to receive a certification (both Friday evening and all of Saturday)
- Be prepared for some personal contact and lots of kneeling
- While you can attend the course for free, the certification is $25.00 if you don’t make it to the team
We’ll have two courses as part of our Try-Out Period. They are being offered on the following days:
Saturday, September 7th – Sunday, September 8th
Friday, September 13th – Saturday, September 14th
Come find us at Showcase, attend an Info Night, or message us on Facebook to sign up for your course!
Skills Refresh Sessions
Can’t remember what ABC stands for, or you haven’t put on a sling in a little while? No sweat. Come join us for these drop-in sessions on Saturday, September 15th in Fipke 124 or Saturday, September 22nd in Arts first floor.
These sessions are drop in, and you’ll work with our team to practice your skills and ask any questions you might have. Although the number of people will dictate how closely we follow the schedule, here’s the rough outline for each of the skills you may want to refresh:
- Primary and Secondary Surveys – 9:00 – 10:30 am
- Airway Emergencies – 10:30 – 11:00 am
- CPR – 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Spinal Control – 1:00 – 2:30 pm
- Muscle and Joint Injuries – 2:30 – 4:00 pm
- Basic Wound Care – 4:00 – 5:00 pm
You’re welcome to attend as much of the refresh weekend as you’d like, so you can come to the entire day or just the skills you’re most interested in learning.